- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have the ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when required.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and extended periods, of time.
- Must be available for around-the-clock trips to accommodate freight movements.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of Transportation.
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)
- Be at least 22 years of age
Rules and Qualifications for $5000 sign on bonus
- Total $5000; $1000 upon start date, $1000 at 6 months of active employment, $1500 at 1 year, and $1500 at 18 months.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of LT/TL experience, a valid Class A CDL, and acceptable DOT/Safety driving record (reviewed after offer is made)
- Will be disqualified for any further payouts if employee has a major preventable accident that may potentially result in termination during the 18 month incentive period
- Employee must repay a previous incentive payout if they voluntarily terminate their employment within 6 months of a payout during the 18 month period (e.g. if they resign within 6 months following the 1 year incentive payout, they must repay that portion of the incentive)
- Only select service centers are approved for this sign on bonus along with only select positons, (e.g. P&D, Line Haul, or Teams only).
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).